the Peep Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lockerbie bomber. Do you hate the UK?

4 posters

Go down

Lockerbie bomber. Do you hate the UK? Empty Lockerbie bomber. Do you hate the UK?

Post by ClairedeLune Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:25 pm

I know this is a little old and all but I wanna know your opinions on the UK now he's been released. I hear that US companies are boycotting anything to do with Scotland and US politicians are hatin' on the UK politicians because he's still alive. Do US civilians now hate UK civilians even though the decision was out of our control? What are your thoughts? Or could you not care less and still have the time of day for us?

ClairedeLune

Back to top Go down

Lockerbie bomber. Do you hate the UK? Empty Re: Lockerbie bomber. Do you hate the UK?

Post by andyp Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:04 am

Never heard of him.

will look it up when i have time.. but you UK are not bad Very Happy
andyp
andyp

http://www.adpetersonphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Lockerbie bomber. Do you hate the UK? Empty Re: Lockerbie bomber. Do you hate the UK?

Post by GoAskAlice Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:28 pm

I love all you UKers <3 <3

but yes I have never heard of any of that either
GoAskAlice
GoAskAlice

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairedeLune Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:56 pm

I have to say I'm pretty shocked that you've never heard of him. I always presumed that the story was as big there as it is here.

Basically this guy made people blow up this plane full of American's over Lockerbie in Scotland in 1988. I think before 9/11 it was the biggest act of terrorism. Ever. But anyway he was imprisoned in 2001 and has begged for release because he has terminal cancer.

America has threatened Britain not to release him because it's still massively painful to US citizens. Anyway we ignored and allowed his release back to Libya on the terms that Libya wouldn't give him a heroes welcome. Which they did.

Americas like "wtf Britain, WTF?" And Britain's all like "Come on!!! He's dying. He needs to be free." Turns out the reason behind his release was for an oil deal with Libya (which the PM denies).

Americas apparently really pissed that he's not dead yet.

ClairedeLune

Back to top Go down

Post by andyp Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:17 am

Interesting.. I've never heard of this guy! crazy stuff.. think i would have heard of it since it happened the year i was born. hmm

It's not surprising there is oil behind it.. there's oil behind everything it seems like Razz

We Americans love us some revenge, heck, even if it costs us more US casualties every year.
andyp
andyp

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairedeLune Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:25 am

I find it all the more interesting it's not as big a story over where you are as the UK media will have us believe. It's dominated headlines especially in the paper I read The Daily Mail as you can see.

Obama's been pretty furious.

ClairedeLune

Back to top Go down

Post by pypes Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:10 am

I was of the understanding his conviction was pretty unsound to begin with.

I did think this issue highlighted a much bigger issue in British politics in that scotland can choose to release prisoners against the better judgment of the British government and yet prisoners are transferred between english and scotish jails without a second thought. It essentially boils down to the inequality created by scotlands unilateral autonomy and lack of a suitable answer to the west lothian question.

pypes

Back to top Go down

Post by GoAskAlice Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:50 am

hmm okay I did hear that this guy had been released because of cancer but I didn't know who he was.

I think if you are in jail for murder than that's where you should stay. Having the luxury of freedom just because your dying is something you gave up when you took another beings life.

As for it not being as big of a story here as it is there.. Idk North America seems to have a new issue every day. I only heard about this maybe a week ago or so??

I may be a bad representation of North America though.. I'm pretty out of the loop :p
GoAskAlice
GoAskAlice

Back to top Go down

Post by andyp Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:38 pm

I am pretty out of it too.. I rarely watch the news... I've sort of been trying to keep on top of the health care business but I usually turn it off if it goes off to something else. The news is generally full of useless bullshit celebrity "news"
andyp
andyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum